On Sunday, April 28th, three of our Villa guests ran the Victoria Marathon! As Paul’s trainer suggested, he started the morning with a plain white bagel and honey. Jim opted for croissants and butter, and Ann went for fresh mangos. Taking off from the Villa, bibs neatly pinned to their shirts, their smiles were wide and their enthusiasm high. They all finished in good time. And came home to chocolate chip cookies and Pinot Noir, and then slipped into soaker tubs to soothe their tired muscles. Congratulations!
Spring has wafted in to Victoria with sunny skies and a profusion of flowers and shrubs. The magnolia trees lining our cul de sac, Shasta Place, are beginning to drop their elegant blossoms, the scarlet peonies against dark green leaves stand out like rubies, and lining the edges of the Villa gardens are rhododendrons of many shades in the pink/peach spectrum.
This morning our guests from Calgary and Sacramento experienced yet another Villa breakfast: bumbleberry smoothie, orange coconut muffins, sliced kiwi and strawberries, poached egg over sauteed lemon asparagus set in a vol au vent, and finally, blueberries and lemon curd baked in paper thin filo cups. What a delicious way to start the day!
- Victoria Bed and Breakfast Villa Marco Polo on Youtube
- LAST MINUTE SPECIAL August 3rd – August 8th
- Summer festivals and events in Victoria, BC – August 2011
- Victoria Symphony Splash July 31st 2011 – Victoria BC
- LONG WEEKEND SPECIAL!
- Summer festivals and events in Victoria, British Columbia – July 2011
- Victoria International JazzFest, June 24 – July 3
- Award of Excellence in Hospitality for Bed and Breakfast Victoria, BC
- Vancouver Island Wineries, Cowichan Valley
- Victoria BC, the City of Flowers